I needed to make another pizza crust and didn't have time for the dough to rise. This was super simple and quite good. Who knew? Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's New Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat oven to 425. Grease 12 inch pizza pan with shortening.
- Heat water to boiling in 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients with wire whisk until mixture is smooth and thickens.
- Spoon onto pizza pan and spread evenly, mounding edge slightly.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until set and light brown.
- After you top pizza with your favorite toppings, bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very easy, and so fast since the wait for rising wasn't necessary. The texture was a little softer than expected, so I would probably let it bake a few minutes longer in the oven before removing and adding the topping, as the crust ended up having a very nice texture. Good to know in a pinch! Thanks for sharing.1Reply