Cold Sesame Pak Choi
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 cups pak choi, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mirin or 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Steam or boil pak choi to desired doneness (we like ours to still be a bit firm).
- Drain choi in a colander and use a wooden spoon to push the choi against the sides of the colander and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Once choi is as dry as possible, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and green onions in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add choi and toss to coat.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Just before serving, add the sesame oil and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> Pescetarian, lovin' the hippie-eats, learned to cook authentic Japanese fare in Kyoto! Okay, I figured I should add a bit to the above, so here goes: I'm a on-air personality on a radio station in the city where I live. My girlfriend and I recently bought an art gallery and are in the midst of remodelling the lofts above it for a living space. My girlfriend and I travel frequently - we just got back from a three week trip to Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil - and I love to pick up recipes as I go. We've been vegetarian (although we eat fish) for about a year and a half and I absolutely love it. We eat tons of fresh veggies and fruit and pasta and grains and a moderate amount of fish...and I can't imagine ever craving meat in my diet again! My family are a very meat-and-potatoes type of mid-western, so they are absolutely baffled by this. I think they must imagine what goes on their dinner-plates (Steak, a few pieces of broccoli, a baked potato) and wonder how we can survive on what's left after you remove the meat. Luckily, I'm a pretty good cook - no, make that a very daring cook! No fear! - and my girlfriend is kind of human garbage disposal. Seriously, she's never met an obscure ethnic dish she didn't like. So, that's it for now.