Coconut Rice & Shrimp Salad
- Ready In:
- 7 ounces basmati rice
- 1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 7 ounces frozen cooked large shrimp, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved and sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 ounce cilantro leaf, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces snow peas, halved lengthways
- Tip the rice into a saucepan with the coconut milk and enough cold water to cover by a finger-nail's depth. Bring to the boil, then cook over a medium heat for 10 mins or until the liquid has gone. Stir, cover, take off heat and leave for 5 mins until fluffy. Spread over a dinner plate to cool quickly.
- Meanwhile, make a dressing by stirring together the lime zest and juice and sweet chili sauce. Stir shrimp into the dressing and set aside while the rice finishes cooling.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork, then toss with the cucumber, cilantro leaves and snow peas. Serve in bowls, scattered with shrimp and dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)