Coconut Cream Eggs
- Ready In:
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Now add the sugar and coconut, and mix in well.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Using hands dusted with powdered sugar, mould rounded tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture into egg shapes.
- Place on waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Remove eggs from the freezer a few at a time.
- Dip into chocolate mixture until completely coated.
- Return to waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an ex-studant now working in my early 20s. I love cooking - there's pretty much nothing I won't try making, but like everything in life I tend to have to avoid the more expensive things (which is pretty much all the best ingredients!) unless it's a relatively special occasion. Although I enjoy flavour, I tend to shy away from spices as I have a habbit of ruining my dishes with over zelous sprinkling, so most of my dishes rely more on well chosen ingredients to provide the flavour than actual added herbs etc.