Cocoa Brownies With Blueberry Ganache
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup best-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips (think Ghiradelli's)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's dark cocoa
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag best-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 9 x 13-inch square pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and bring it to just below a boil.
- Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Pour in the hot butter and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Sift in the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Beat in the mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Gently fold the flour and salt into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To prepare the Ganache: Place the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until mixture becomes sauce like and bubbly.
- Pour into a sieve or strainer that is placed over a bowl to catch blueberry liquid. Discard remaining blueberries.
- Pour blueberry liquid over chocolate chips.
- Bring the cream and butter to just below boiling point in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Spread the warm ganache over the brownies. Allow the ganache to set completely before cutting into squares.
- The ganache should be used for spreading while warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!