photo by DSimone
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder (Boston Butt)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, choppped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (more if you like spicy)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- chopped avocado
- Rub pork with next four spices. Wrap in aluminum foil and cook on low in crock pot for 5 hours.
- Let pork cook then shred and set aside.
- In large pot, head oil and sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, beans, hominy, oregano, cumin, salt & pepper. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add pork and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with desired toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!