Classic Creamy Oven-Baked Mac N' Cheese
photo by Ms Leah
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 cups elbow macaroni (cooked according to package directions)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened) or 1/2 cup margarine (softened)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese (or 16oz. cut into pieces)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- optional** garlic and herb breadcrumbs (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- in a large bowl or pot, pour in hot macaroni and add butter and all cheese, mix well.
- with a wire whisk, beat together eggs, evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- add to bowl/pot with macaroni and cheeses and mix well.
- pour mixture into greased casserole dish.
- (optional) sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- cover with foil.
- place into preheated (350 degrees) oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- uncover the last few minutes just to toast the breadcrumbs on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!