Classic Bagna Cauda
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 8 mashed anchovy fillets
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a heavy fondue pot, or saucepan, and simmer on LOW for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a platter of bite-size young vegetables (thinly sliced if the vegetables are fibrous), such as carrots, artichoke hearts, celery, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, zucchini, Belgian endive, and cabbage leaves.
- Or serve with bread cubes for dipping.
- Let the guests dip their choices into the warm sauce with fondue forks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Why isn't everyone eating this all of the time? I love bagna cauda and this recipe is closest to the one I've been making for years! I do add quite a bit more garlic and mince it - maybe a whole head since it's cooked. I like the 50/50 butter-olive oil combination. Make sure you use unsalted butter since the anchovies provide PLENTY of salt. Get people to try this and they won't stop - great at parties. Thanks for posting, papergoddess - I love bagna cauda and yours is no exception!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I hate to bake (almost as much as I hate to vacuum!), and I'll go to great lengths to avoid having to make cookies.