Cinnamon Sugar French Toast
- Ready In:
- Combine milk, sugar, eggs, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt and mix until blended.
- Cut bread into 3/4 inch slices.
- Dip in milk/egg mixture long enough to soak through.
- Place a hot skillet with the melted butter or oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and roll in confectioners' sugar mixed with the remaining cinnamon.
- Serve with syrup and butter.
This is a great recipe. The taste of sourdough is wonderful! It is possible to modify and still be wonderful - for instance, I use skim milk but think it could be good with nonfat half and half, too. Also, I use Morton Lite salt. Egg whites or egg substitute work well. I alter the confectioners sugar mix with Splenda. I do not cook in butter or oil, but use butter spray oil. This is a lot of sodium but with modifications mine is more like 981mg/serv instead of 1307m g/serv. Seems like this recipe is great no matter how you do it.