Baked French Toast
This recipe makes a nice French toast. My family loves it. The recipe is simple and does not take much prep time.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Melt butter in 10 x 15 (or two 9 x 13) pan in oven.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly into pan.
- Mix eggs and milk and vanilla in bowl.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, soaking well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minuets.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Lift out of pan sugar side up on serving platter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Love it as written with the crunchy sugary side, but made this again and added the sugar and cinnamon, vanilla and a 1/3 cup flour mixed all together. Used a thinner oatmeal bread and baked in the buttered pan, about 12 minutes then flipped slices over for another 7-8 minutes. Crispy on the outside, soft inside and it reheats nicely in the toaster! Good fast healthier recipe!1Reply
My husband thought this was the most amazing thing he'd ever had. Especially made by me.<br/>It was easy to prepare! I wasn't sure what kind of bread to use.. I made some cinnamon swirl bread a couple days ago, so I used that. So, for me, it could have been better. Also, I halved the recipe given and made one 9x13 pan. <br/>Thanks! (Picture uploaded)Reply