Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup light margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, allspice, & cinnamon.
- Add egg, milk and margarine.
- Stir wet mix into dry ingredients until just mixed. Do not overmix.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 the way full.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are wonderful, not overly sweet muffins. I got 11 good sized muffins with perfectly crunchy tops and light tender bottoms. The sugar could probably be cut down even. This recipe was perfect, I'm happy that it didn't include any funny ingredients. These are all things that are in the house all the time. Thank you!