Cinnamon Pepper Jelly
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 10mins
6 8 oz jars
- 3⁄4 cup red jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 5 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup red-hot candies
- 6 ounces Certo
- red food coloring
- Place peppers and 1/4 c vinegar in blender and blend until thin and soupy. Pour into pot, add sugar, candies and remaining vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to melt candies. Remove from heat and skim.
- Add Certo and food coloring. Reheat and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and fill scalded jars 1/2 in from top. Seal with scalded lids.
- Store overnight to set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">