Cinnamon Anise Jelly
- Ready In:
3 1/2 pint jars
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- Break the cinnamon sticks into two or three pieces and tie them and the anise seed in a spice bag (make your own with several layers of cheesecloth and kitchen twine!).
- Put the apple juice and the spice bag in a large stockpot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and the butter, stirring until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the liquid pectin and return to a rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and discard the spice bag. Ladle the hot jelly into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner (adjust for altitude).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!