Cinnamon Noodle Kugel
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) package small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Beat eggs, cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, 1 cup white sugar, butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir egg noodles into cottage cheese mixture, then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Combine 1/3 cup white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture atop noodle kugel.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and noodles are golden, about 1 hour.
- Allow pan of kugel to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Die hard Cleveland Indians fan GO TRIBE - loves spending time with my family, when we have the time, my DH and I love to golf. While I like to cook quick & easy meals for my DH and myself, I also enjoy spending a day or two in the kitchen preparing big family meals like for Thanksgiving.