Cinnamon Honey Waffles
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine flours in large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and whisk to blend thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, honey and oil. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg yolk mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until well moistened. The batter will contain some lumps. Set batter aside.
- Preheat waffle iron. Meanwhile, whip egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold into the batter. The consistency should be quite thick.
- Brush or spray waffle iron grids with vegetable oil. Pour the batter into the center on iron, gently spreading the batter over the grid with a kitchen knife as needed. Close the iron and cook 3-4 minutes or until done. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am addicted to homemade bread and love trying new recipes of all kinds. I am a serial clipper of delicious sounding recipes from all over and enjoy sharing them.