Cinnamon Blintzes to Freeze
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese (or as much as needed to fill all crepes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the milk, water, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients. Stir until combined. Ignore the lumps- they will take care of themselves.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Stir out any remaining lumps.
- Spray a 5-7 inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat (but not so that crepe will brown) Pour in a thin layer of batter until the bottom of the skillet is covered. When crepe stars to bubble, use fingers to flip over. Cook for another minute or so then cool on a clean dish towel.
- Store cooled crepes between 6x6-inch squares of waxed paper.
- Mix cottage cheese, cinnamon, and sugar to taste.
- Fill crepes. Roll up, folding in the edges (like a burrito). Wrap in wax paper. Freeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!