Cilantro Crusted Mahi Mahi
I have never been a huge fan of fish, but this is a mild, simple and delicious tasting entree! I like to make it with tilapia as well. You could probably use any mild tasting white fish. I have also used dried cilantro when my store was out of fresh.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mahi mahi fillets, bones and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Dredge only one side of each fillet in the cilantro.
- Place fish, cilantro side down, into the hot olive oil, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Cook until cilantro is crisp, checking often not to burn. (I check after 1 minute, then every 30 seconds after that.).
- Turn fish over, then place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- If you do not have a large oven proof skillet, you can cook fish a couple of fillets at a time, then transfer to a baking dish to finish cooking. You can use less oil or nonstick spray if using a nonstick pan, just remember to add more before adding more fish. Add extra cooking time since the dish is not preheated.