Cilantro Cream Risotto With Shrimp
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
posted for ZWT
- Ready In:
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup minced cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, divided
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice or 1 medium grain rice
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat water and broth in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- .Meanwhile, combine cream and cilantro in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced in half, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add shrimp; cook until pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from saucepan; keep warm.
- Cook onion and garlic in remaining butter over medium heat until soft. Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high; stir in 1 cup water/broth mixture.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring adding remaining water/broth mixture, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another.
- Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro cream, shrimp, tomatoes, green onions, pepper and salt. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.Serve immediately.
- Yields 6 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION