Chow Mein on a Bun
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained and sliced
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Cook and stir the meat and onion in a large skillet until the onion is tender.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix the water, cornstarch, soy sauce, molasses and ginger and stir into the meat mixture.
- Add the bean sprouts and water chestnuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils, about 5 minutes.
- Serve on the toasted buns and pass the soy sauce.
- NOTE: For Chow Mein omit the buns.
- Serve the chow mein mixture over hot cooked rice or chow mein noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note