Chocolate Truffle Frosting ( and Filling )
- Ready In:
- In a medium size saucepan cook together the cream, butter and sugar over medium -low heat, and just about bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate pieces, untill all is melted and creamy.
- Transfer the chocolate cream into a deep glass bowl and let cool.
- With electric beaters on high speed start beating the choc-cream before it gets too cool, beating five minutes.
- Gradually adding (only when choc-cream is very cool ) a tablespoonfull at a time of very cold water or whisky or rum.
- Beat till the choc-cream is getting foamy and light in color, then quickly use before it gets too firm.
- Sieve a little cocoa powder over the frosting to give a velvety finish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!