Chocolate Squares of Joy (Aka Baby Brownies)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is the "Baby Brownies" recipe from the "New Basics Cookbook". My sister takes them to every potluck and they disappear! A friend of ours named them "Squares of Joy" because they are far above the usual brownie!
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, good-quality
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup (Dove ice cream topping, if you can find it)
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add the syrup and stir well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and the eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the sugar, salt, and flour. Add this to the chocolate mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake until just cooked--about 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan, then cut them into 1 inch squares and transfer to a serving plate.
- Note: 1 inch is the proper size for these brownies--they are extremely rich!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION