Chocolate Pecan Layer Cake
- Ready In:
- 18 1⁄4 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Grease 2 9 inch pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine brown sugar, 2/3 cup whipping cream and butter in sauce pan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer stirring constantly for 1 minute. Cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons sauce over each layer.
- Place remaining sauce in bowl. Add powdered sugar. Beat on high til smooth, 3 minutes. Add enough whipping cream for spreading consistancy.
- Place 1 layer on plate. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Top with second layer. Spread top and side with remaining frosting. Arrange pecan halves on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"