Chocolate Orange Cupcakes (Vegan)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup soya milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (or chocolate of more vanilla extract)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 gas mark 4 and line a pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together soy milk and vinegar and orange juice and set aside to allow to curdle. Add sugar oil, extract to the soy milk and whisk until foamy.
- In a separate bowl sift all the dry ingredients add in two batches to the wet and beat until no large lumps remain a few small lumps are ok.
- Pour the mixture into the liners until 2/3rd s full bake for 18- 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!