- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and oil in the center of the well and mix with a fork to form a thick dough.
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes until it is smooth and shiny, adding more flour if necessary to keep the dough from sticking.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for half an hour.
- Roll the pasta out by hand or with a machine and cut into eight 4 1/2 x 11 inch strips.
- Cook two strips at a time in boiling salted water.
- Cook just 20 seconds after the water returns to a boil.
- Plunge the noodles into cold water to stop the cooking.
- When cooled, place on towels in a single layer to drain.
- Combine all filling ingredients (except chocolate) and mix until smooth.
- To assemble: generously butter an 8 x 11 x 2 inch pan.
- Alternate layers of noodles, cheese filling, and chocolate, ending with a cheese layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is lightly colored.
- Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes to solidify, then serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe looked tempting to make. However, there are a few errors to be aware of. DO NOT preheat oven in step 1 or your oven will be on for more than a hour before the lasagna is ready to bake. Also, your pasta dough will require a little water to become doughy--otherwise you will end up with uncohesive chocolate flour. Lastly, the final product did not taste well at all. The filling was delicious by itself as the chocolate and ricotta cheese partenered VERY well. The creation as a whole was very disappointing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kaccy. I'm in my mid 30's, live in New Mexico. DH is Mike. I have a 22 yr son, Chris. 17 yr step-son, Dallas and 14 yr step-daughter, Ashley. I am a Christian, like to cook, make candles and other crafts. I love outdoors!!! I'm a Artesia Bulldog Fan!!! and a Bronco's Fan! I waitress and love it. I work at a nice little "brew pub" and just have a blast with my customers.