Chocolate Ganache Pie With Raspberries
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-vegetable shortening, cold and cubed
CHOCOLATE GANACHE FILLING
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 (300 ml) can eagle brand low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups raspberries
- NO-ROLL CRUST: Preheat oven to 375°F Place flour, sugar and salt in a food processor; add shortening and pulse until the mixture starts to cling together.
- Transfer the flour mixture to a 9-inch pie plate; press evenlu over bottom adn up the sides. Prick all over with a fork. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Shield crust with foil to prevent over browning during the last few minutes of baking if necessary. Cool completely, 30-40 minutes.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE FILLING: In a heavy saucepan, heat chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat; stirring constantly, until melted and smoooth, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in butter untl melted and pour into prepared crust.
- TO GARNISH: Place raspberries with open side down in circles on top of the pie starting with the outside and working toward the middle. Chill in refrigerator until set for 4 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.