Chocolate Coconut Toffee Bars
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened, margarine may be used)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts (chopped your choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9X12 baking pan with release spray.
- Mix together topping ingredients until crumbly and gently press into prepared pan. Do not press too hard or they will be hard to remove from the pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking mix the ingredients for thefilling stiring until ingredients are well mixed.
- Spread filling ingredients over hot crust and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top return pan to ove until chips are soft enough to spread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm retired since August 2007 after 20 years from a library in central Wisconsin. I guess you could say my hobby is cooking. My husband has even gained weight since I am home more. <br /><br />I love trying new recipes and just started smoking food in my new smoker. So far I have only made salmon and turkey. Both turned out good. <br />We have two grown children and two granddaughters. <br /><br />We also love camping and try to go often. My husband loves fishing and hunting so we have alot of fish and venison and the freezer. <br /><br />I love Zaar and visit the site almost every day. I really love it when I get a good review on one of my recipes. I just wish members would alow zaar mail fo I could thank them for the review.</p>