Chocolate Christmas Trees
- Ready In:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- edible glitter or colored sprinkles
- wooden toothpick
- wax paper
- Draw multiple Christmas tree outlines (1 1/2 to 2 inches high) on a piece of paper. You can also trace around a cookie cutter.
- Put the paper with the drawings on a cookie sheet. Lay a piece of wax paper on top. You don't have to use a cookie sheet, but it allows you to move the trees before they are set.
- Heat the chocolate and shortening in a saucepan over lot heat (or microwave). Stirring frequently until melted. Pour into decorating bag with a plain tip or into a ziploc bag with a corner snipped.
- Pip chocolate tree outline and fill in center with random branches. IMMEDIATELY place a toothpick at the bottom of the tree, about 1/3 - 1/4 inch into the base of the tree.
- Sprinkle with edible glitter or colored sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!