Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
photo by Chef JenniB
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (14 ounce) box graham crackers or (14 ounce) box chocolate graham crackers
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans.
- Serve with graham crackers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicous! I couldn't stop eating it! I probably used about 1 cup of mini-chocolate chips. I did not use nuts. I served with Honey Teddy Grahams and Bee-shaped Honey Graham Crackers. I love this size because dipping is so easy and the crackers don't break. Thanks for the idea of forming the ball while the mixture is in plastic wrap. Worked perfectly!
There are only 3 of us, so I cut the recipe in half. Easy to make, but I didn't realize how miuch chill time there was when I started this, so I had to refrigerate it overnight and serve it the next day instead. It was good on honey graham crackers and great on cinnamon graham crackers. Thanks for sharing.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>