Chipotle Taco Pie
photo by Jessi Leigh
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, pureed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pie crusts, from refrigerated dairy section
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- sour cream, to garnish
- taco sauce, to garnish
- avocados or guacamole, to garnish
- salsa, to garnish
- diced green chilis, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add taco seasoning mix, pureed chipotle pepper, and water; mix until ground beef is well coated.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat until hot. Add peppers and onions; cook 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and drain excess liquid. Add garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, corn, and salsa, stir well and set aside.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for 2-crust pie using 9-inch glass or metal pie pan.
- Combine corn mixture with ground beef; mix well.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly in bottom of crust-lined pan. Spread ½ of beef mixture evenly in pan over cheese; pat down. Sprinkle ¾ cup cheese in pan and spread evenly with remaining beef mixture, pat down, top with remaining ¾ cup cheese. Top with second crust and flute; slit in several places.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil or a pie crust shield after 15 minutes of baking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.
- Serve a wedge of pie with a dollop of sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or a drizzle of taco sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm just a simple home cook who enjoys cooking for my family. I learned most of what I know about cooking from my Mom, who is a pretty great cook in her own right. I have also learned to make use of sites like RecipeZaar to find new and interesting recipes that my family enjoys.</p>