Chipotle Rice Bowl
I put this together after I decided to make yummy cilantro rice. I crave Chipotle at home, so here it is! Awesome to suit any gluten-free diet or vegetarian.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice (long-grain white works best)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1⁄2 sliced red onion
- salt and pepper
- shredded monterey jack cheese, to taste
- sour cream, to taste
- salsa, to taste
- Bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Simmer for 20 minutes covered.
- Add juice of a lime and cilantro and mix. Cover till ready to serve.
- Towards the end of the 20 minute rice, start the vegetables.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add sliced peppers and onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté for 7-10 minutes till almost stir-fried brown.
- In nice sized bowl, add rice 1st, then hot vegetables on top, next add shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION