Chinese Toffee Banana
- Ready In:
- 4 bananas, cut into big pieces
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 10 g flour
- 6 g cornflour
- 10 g custard powder
- 20 g oil (for frying)
- 500 g caster sugar
- 15 g sesame seeds
- Prepare a batter by mixing together egg, flour, cornflour, custard powder and a little water (to make a runny batter).
- Heat oil in a wok, dip the banana pieces in the batter and deep fry.
- Remove, drain excess oil and keep aside.
- In a separate pot, cook the castor sugar along with water and oil till it turns golden in colour.
- Dip the friend banana pieces in the sugar syrup to coat evenly.
- Remove drain excess syrup and keep aside.
- Sprinkle sesame sees on top and dip in ice water for a few minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am currently on a month long tour of Europe with my husband and two of our friends. You can follow our travels on martinandluschka.blogspot.com ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ One of my favorite chefs is Jamie Oliver, but my husbands'a pretty good cook too! I love being creative, whether its in cooking, writing, crafts...unfortunately i'm not gifted with pens or paints, but I try to do the best I can with what I have! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/pt-shutterbug-banner-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">