Chinese Cold Celery Slices
- Ready In:
- 2 celery hearts or 3 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chinese hot sauce (optional)
- Mix together soy sauce, salt, sesame oil, sugar and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Slice celery on a slight diagonal and scald in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain and put celery in ice cold water for 1 minute. Drain again and pour the sauce over the celery.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"<p>I live in Seattle, but have also lived in the DC area, the Mid-west, California, the South, and New England, as well as China and India plus travel a fair bit, so I have experienced a good number of cuisines and like them all. I eat mostly vegetarian and mostly do a lot of scratch cooking. I am known for my creative use of leftovers and whatever is in the fridge. Too bad those recipes can't go easily into Zaar.</p>"
Join The Conversation