Chilli Lemon Octopus
I love octopus and thought this recipe sounded amazing. Have not tried this yet but wanted keep a copy so decided to store it here on Zaar. Prep and cooking time does not include time to marinate.
- Ready In:
- 2 kg baby octopus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Remove and discard heads and beaks from octopus, cut octopus in half.
- Combine octopus, rind, juice, oil, sauce and garlic in large bowl, cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain octopus from marinade and discard marinade.
- Add octopus to heated skillet or barbecue, cook over high heat until just tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have tried this recipe with mixture of different seafood creatures and it was ok - just ok; definitely bit too much lemon juice and way too much of lemon zest suggested in my opinion - it tastes then like anything else dunked in lemon juice - so doesn't matter if it's an octopus or a beef left on the sun for 2 days by negligence - it is lemon sauce with something - that's how it tastes. Let's do not put so much lemon just because it;s from a sea?....Reply
This is a really great recipe. I too used frozen, cleaned baby octopus, allowing them to thaw in the marinade overnight in my fridge. The key is a really hot grill - you want them to cook very quickly and have a nice char, but pull them off before they get rubbery. Even my 4 year old liked these - hot sauce and all!1Reply
see 8 more