Chili Cranberry Pork over Rice
photo by Nurse Morgan
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin (or 4-6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups brown whole grain rice
- Combine first 4 ingredients and set aside.
- In large skillet, slowly brown pork or chicken on both sides in oil.
- Pour chili sauce mixture over the meat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until meat is cooked and sauce is of desired consistency, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a new Nurse and a new Wife, and as of this Summer, a new Cook too! I work full-time on a Medical-Surgical Floor, and I am trying to make more meals at home for the two of us in the evenings. Recipezaar has been an awesome resource!