Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup peeled thinly sliced carrot (or chopped baby carrots)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed in your fingers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mirin (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice miso
- 6 cups water or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- Preheat a soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and carrots in the oil for about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, and herbs, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the mirin (or just a splash of water).
- Add the 6 cups of water and the chickpeas.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once the broth is boiling, break the soba noodles into thirds and throw them inches
- Lower the heat to medium so that the soup is at a low boil.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the miso and stir until it’s incorporated.
- Taste and adjust the salt, and add a little extra miso if you would like a stronger, saltier flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love food and cooking!