Chicken With Fresh Mushrooms & Snow Peas
photo by Ackman
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless...about 3/4 lb. each
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 -2 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tablespoons corn oil (or canola oil)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- cooked rice
- Lay each chicken breast flat on the cutting board & slice as thin as possible. (This is much easier if they're slightly frozen OR ask your butcher to do it.).
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken & cornstarch until well coated.
- Add the egg whites, cooking sherry, ginger & 1 teaspoons salt & mix thoroughly.
- Snap off the tips of the snow peas, if need be.
- Have everything within easy reach when ready to cook.
- Heat a 10-12 inches skillet over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Pour in 1 T. cooking oil & swirl around pan & heat for another 30 seconds.
- TURN DOWN HEAT IF OIL STARTS TO SMOKE.
- Add the mushrooms, snow peas & ½ teaspoons salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer the vegetables to a warm platter & set aside.
- Add 3 T. cooking oil to the pan & heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced chicken &stirring constantly, cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is firm & white.
- Return the vegetables to the pan & combine with the chicken.
- Serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong>The only thing I like better than cooking, is eating! I learned a lot about cooking from my Dad & an ornery old Norwegian cook, that I used to work for. <br />I don't get into fancy foods...just good ol' down-home, stick-to-your-ribs vittles...I'm a COOK...NOT a Chef! I <span>LUV</span> to bbq & grill!!<img title=Cool src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif border=0 alt=Cool /> Except for pies, I don't do much baking, such as cookies, bars or cakes...that's the wife's dept. & believe me, she does a mighty FINE job!!! <br />I'm a firm believer that flavored coffee & flavored beer should be OUTLAWED & I will NOT eat Lima Beans or Lutefisk...YUK!!! <img title=Yell src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif border=0 alt=Yell /><br />Our favorite place to eat is Old Abe's...a local supper club located on a wooded back-road! We also enjoy Panera Bread, Dickey's BBQ & Picanha Brazillian Steak House!!!<br />I've been married since 1977 to the most wonderful lady a man could ever ask for. We have 9 beautiful Grandkids...5 girls 4 boys, a VERY SPOILED white German Shephard (Tori) & a VERY goofy cat (Angel)! (Both of these are rescued animals.) <br />We collect antique gasoline engines & attend several shows here in the Midwest.I also enjoy ice fishing, Milwaukee Brewers baseball, WI Badger football, but most of all, we're HUGE GREEN BAY PACKERS Fans!!!!! GO PACK GO!!!!!</strong></p> 8724987"