" Chicken With 40 Cloves of Garlic " Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) whole chickens, cut up (or use only your favorite chicken pieces)
- 40 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley (Italian parsley)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken pieces close together in a single layer in a shallow 9x13-inch baking dish. Distribute the peeled garlic cloves evenly over the chicken.
- Drizzle with the wine and olive oil. Distribute the celery on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the basil, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I recently celebrated my 19th anniversary living in SW Florida. I moved here from Massachusetts, just north of Boston. As much as I miss family back home, I truly love living here - the beaches, the tropical beauty, the people, and the weather (except the hurricanes!). Everyday is just another day in Paradise. I work at the new international airport here in Fort Myers. I have an opportunity to meet many different and interesting people from around the world. I've had an interest in cooking since I was a little boy, following my grandmother around the kitchen. Since I wasn't blessed with any artistic or musical talent, I think cooking was my way of being creative. My passion is my family and friends. My second passion is cooking for them. My favorite way to entertain is informally...brunches, cookouts, and small dinner parties. Just relaxing, enjoying each other's company, some good food and drink, and a little fun are the only rules of the house.</p>