Chicken Wing Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3 dried guajillo chiles (seeded and roughly chopped)
- 3 dried arbol chiles (seeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 dried cascabel chile (seeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 fresh anaheim chili (seeded and roughly chopped)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 medium onion (roughly chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons paprika (smoked if desired)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (for color)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup distilled vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- Add all ingredients except butter and cream cheese to large saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer until dried chiles are rehydrated and onions are cooked (add more water if necessary).
- Puree with the butter and cream cheese.
- Add more Chipotles if spicier sauce is desired.
- Serve on Chicken with ranch dressing and fresh celery if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!