Chicken & Salsa Tacos
I made this for the family & everyone gobbled them down.
- Ready In:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 -4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces light sour cream
- 6 -8 tortillas
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- Spray a large frying with cooking spray then cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- Mix in the water, taco seasoning, & salsa, simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the cheese then stir until melted. Turn off the heat & stir in the sour cream.
- Spoon the chicken onto the tortilla shells, top with the tomato & lettuce, if using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for Fall 09 Pac Premie Adoption. I wound up having to hold dinner after I had started this so the meat cooked a bit longer, all I did was add more water, and it certainly did not take away from the flavor, instead of commercial salsa I used Lavender Lynn's Salsa for Canning Recipe #259879. Although a tad bit messier than I expected, this was a wonderfully delicious filling. I will be making this again and again. Thank You for a great switch up to a most often requested dinner.Reply
see 1 more