Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (370 ml) can Carnation Evaporated Milk (fat-free)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over high heat. Add vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken. Add flour and stir to coat. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken stock and stir, picking up any cooked bits from bottom of pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook about 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add frozen peas and evaporated milk and stir until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.