Chicken Panang Curry
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup peanut sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- Mix the peanut sauce and the curry powder.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan; add the onion and the peanut/curry mixture.
- Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and lime leaves to the pan; reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken with a wire mesh strainer or slotted spoon.
- Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes or until it has reduced and quite thick.
- Return the chicken into the pan.
- Add the coconut cream, fish sauce (optional), lime juice and brown sugar; cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I enjoyed this recipe with a few small deviations. I started with Recipe #69191 to make peanut sauce as I didn't buy any. I also used Red Curry Paste not powder as it is more flavorful. I did not have lime leaves, but I had fresh limes in the house, so I squeezed out one lime into the recipe. I did not have coconut cream, so I used heavy whipping cream and the fish sauce. I don't like this quite as well as my favorite thai restaurant in town, but it's better than the other thai restaurants. =-) I'm already looking forward to my leftovers. I did add mushrooms and green peppers to it as I like some vegetables in my panang. It was very easy to make and had good flavor.
I was very impressed. The flavor was wonderful. I think next time I may use curry paste. I like the flavor of paste bettern than powder. We will be making this again and again. I added onion and red & orange bell peppers. I also used lime jest in place of the kaffir lime leaves. It was the most satisfying Thai disk I have made at home!