Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
- Ready In:
- 4 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 2 cloves
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green apple, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces chicken, cooked and cubed
- Bring chicken broth to a boil Add tomatoes, rice, cloves, celery, apples, onion, and green pepper Simmer 30 minutes In separate pan, cook butter and flour for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Do not allow to burn.
- To butter mixture add curry powder, salt, ground pepper, and milk Stir until smooth and add to soup Stir in cooked chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I moved to Tennessee from Pennsylvania in 2005. We absolutely love it here, especially being near the Smoky Mountains. My kids are grown and are out of the house. I am a nurse practitioner, work for Evercare, a division of United Healthcare, caring for elderly patients in nursing homes. My husband and I love the outdoors, and we especially enjoy hiking in the Smoky Mountains. I also enjoy doing Jazzercise as often as I can get there. We have 2 spoiled rotten kitties, Elizabeth and Harvey, and an equally spoiled rotten yellow lab, Hayley.