Chicken Manicotti With Chive Cream Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 12 packaged dry manicotti
- 1 (8 ounce) container soft cream cheese, with chives and onion (this is like the spreadable bagel cheese)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 ounces jars roasted red sweet peppers, drained and sliced or (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- paprika, to taste
- Cook manicotti according to package directions and also cool manicotti shells according to package directions.
- Drain shells; rinse with cold water.
- Drain again.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in small heavy saucepan melt cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in romano or parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl stir together 3/4 cup of sauce, the chicken, broccoli, red sweet peppers or pimento and pepper.
- Using a small spoon, carefully fill each manicotti shell with about 1/3 cup of filling.
- Arrange the filled shells in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have never ate nor cooked manicotti before, so this was a first for me the whole way around. I love the idea of the cream cheese, which seemed like a simple additive. My husband absolutely loved it, but to me seemed a little dry (remember, i've never had it before) He assured me that is what the texture is supposed to me. But either way, the taste was delicious. Will be making again! Thanks for the great recipe!Reply
see 6 more