Chicken Liver and Blue Cheese Pate
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- Line 2 cup dish or mold with plastic wrap, leaving overhang.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle livers with salt and pepper. Add livers and thyme to skillet. Saute until livers are no longer pink in center, about 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add brandy; scrape up any browned bits.
- Place contents of skillet in food processor. Add cheese and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pack pate into prepared dish. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 day. Unmold to serve with cracker or baguette rounds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
While I know that liver pate is usually made using chicken livers, I departed from your recipe by using lamb's liver. Lamb is plentiful here & we love it, but the liver comes packaged in a lrg amt - lrg enough that we grow weary of it after the 1st cpl of dys. So I went looking for a pate recipe that would work (& freeze) well to use the remainder of the leftovers. I was otherwise faithful to your recipe & later served it to guests as a late-nite appy snack. It got rave reviews & is sure-to-be repeated. Thx for posting this excellent recipe. :-)