Chicken Feta and Orzo Salad
Very refreshing for a picnic or just dinner at home! Very quick to throw together and can feed a lot of people! I could eat this everyday easily!!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (16 ounce) box orzo pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 large tomatoes, chunky dice
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 1 (4 ounce) container crumbled feta cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced super fine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook chicken, I season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let cool and dice into bite size chunks.
- While chicken is cooking bring water to a boil and cook orzo. When time is up drain and rinse with cool water to cool it down. Let drain again, you don't want it to have too much water on it when you add it to the salad.
- In a bowl add chopped tomatoes, diced onion, feta, garlic, vinegar, oil, parsley, salt and pepper, orzo, and chicken. Mix to combine.
- Taste for seasoning.
- When I make this I generally don't measure my ingredients, so it may need more vinegar and oil, I like mine tart and you don't want it dry and the pasta will soak up a lot of this! After you taste for seasoning refrigerate for at least an hour to let all the flavors come together.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Refreshing, indeed. The chicken and feta flavors got lost, but I couldn't resist going back for more. This was A LOT of pasta compared to the chicken or feta, and it made 4 quarts, so I recommend this as a pot luck dish. Ultimately, I was thankful for the lack of mayonnaise, and I discovered that I really enjoyed orzo. I would probably double the chicken and cheese next time. Made for 10/2012 Pick a Chef.1Reply