Chicken Enchiladas Mole'
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 7 teaspoons flour
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- 6 ounces mexican chocolate
- 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 4 cups diced onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 20 tortillas
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- sour cream (to garnish)
- chopped green onion (to garnish)
- For Sauce: Put in sauce pan and simmer till it begins to thicken- oil, flour, chili powder, chicken stock, cloves, cinnamon, and 4 Tbsp of the cumin and the mexican chocolate.
- For the filling: Boil chicken and cube, mix with onions, garlic and tomatos(drained),oregeno, remaining cumin, mustard, salt and pepper.
- To Assemble: Dip tortillas in sauce, lay on assemby area put several tablespoons of filling in middle of tortilla, add some grated monteray jack, and roll. Place in large shallow baking dish-repeat for all 20 tortillas.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes take off foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese bake for 10 more minutes until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of chopped green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on an island in Puget Sound with my DH, and young son. I have been trying to really deal in the slow food revolution. No more manufactured products, just food. It has been a bit of a challenge but has produced some good stuff. Hope I can keep it up.