Chicken Cutlets Milanese
- Ready In:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 chicken breasts, tenderized to 1/4 in. thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, lightly beat the eggs with the milk.
- In a separate bowl or on a sheet of waxed paper, combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano and salt.
- Dip the chicken first in the egg mixture, then in the Parmesan mixture, until well coated. (You can do this up to 4 hours ahead of cooking, then place the coated chicken on a plate, cover loosely, and refrigerate).
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tbs. of the oil over MEDIUM heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add 2 pieces of chicken and saute until golden brown and just cooked through, about 1 1/2 mins per side.
- With tongs or a kitchen fork, transfer the cooked chicken to a platter. Repeat, using 1 tbs. of oil for every 2 pieces of chicken.
- Divide evenly among 4 dinner plates and serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!