Chicken Chettinad Dry
This is a traditional Keralite (South-Indian) preparation. My hubby loves the authentic flavour and since its a really simple dish-its one of my fav recipes. It might get a little spicy, so do adjust the recipe according to taste.
- Ready In:
- 600 g chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch gingerroot
- 3 -4 red kashmiri chilies (dried)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 -4 tablespoons coconut, shredded
- Grind the ginger and garlic into a fine paste.
- Next,dry roast and grind red chillies, pepper, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric; keep aside.
- In a non-stick saucepan, heat oil and sauté the ginger garlic paste till light brown.
- Add the chicken pieces and the roasted and ground powder.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat. Add 1/4 cup water and cook till completely dry.
- Stir occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Separately,heat 1 Tbsp oil and fry the shredded coconut and curry leaves till light brown.
- Pour this mixture onto cooked chicken and stir once again.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION