Chicken Carne Asada Tacos With Pickled Onions
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly vertically sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado (about 1 avocado)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- lime wedge (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Place onion in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; drain and plunge onion in ice water. Drain onion; add to juice mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken with oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned and done, stirring occasionally.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas. Drain onion; divide evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons avocado and 1 tablespoon cheese; fold over. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"