Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Goat Cheese and Arugula
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Quick, easy and will look like you spent the day in the kitchen.
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch arugula, washed, trimmed, and coarsely chopped (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine cheese and garlic in a small cup. Trim excess fat from chicken; season with salt and pepper. Using a sharp knife, cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each breast to form a deep pocket. Stuff each pocket with an equal amount of cheese mixture and arugula. Press edges of chicken together to seal.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, 4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium; add broth to pan. Cover and simmer, about 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately, discarding any remaining broth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had this tonight for supper. The combination of the goat cheese and the arugula was a really nice contrast to the chicken. I'll definitely make this again. The only big deviation I made was that instead of discarding the broth after simmering the chicken, I added a spritz of lemon juice, a pat of butter and a bit of cornstarch slurry to make a pan sauce to spoon over the chicken. Served with a side of pan fried home-fries.Reply